Safe School Travel
Whether children walk, ride a school bus, or ride a bike to school, here are some tips to help them get safely to and from school:
- However your child travels to school, please reminder your son/daughter that they should not to talk to strangers
- If your son/daughter walks to school, please remind them not to walk in the road.
- If your child cycles to school, make sure he or she wears a helmet and bright, light-coloured clothing.
- If you drop your son/daughter to school in a car, please park in a side road to avoid road congestion and double parking.
- If your son/daughter gets the bus to school they should sit quietly and listen to the TFL audible announcement system.
If you drive your son/daughter to:
- Watch for children in and around school zones.
- Obey school zone speed limits.
- Watch for children exiting buses.
- Watch for children on bicycles.